Ha ha! Happy April Fools Day! And just to clarify- no, we are not pregnant!
The last few April Fools Days were pretty eventful, so I thought I would try and top some of the biggies:
2005- Nikki & Ed's wedding in Maui
2006- Edwin asked my parents for their blessing for our wedding (believe me- that was a big day!)
2007- really hard to top!
This weekend, we spent Friday with the Banerjees for dinner and a movie (and a little laundry!) Poor Kokomi has a diaper rash and had cried so much during the day that she was completely hoarse when we saw her.
Saturday we went down to our cousin Billy and Maggie's house for a BBQ in Mountain View. My Aunt Finney and my cousins who are moving from Louisiana are in town for spring break, so it was good to see them. I also got to try out the new video game system called Wii. It's kind of a reality video game but without all the motion sickness for me. It was pretty cool. I was swinging the control like baseball bat for a game that simulates baseball. The control had some kind of vibration that went off if you hit the ball. (Since I only hit the ball 2/10 times, I don't really recall too much. Obviously, I'm a little rusty...)
Today, I went to my Uncle Glenn's new church called SF Swatow Christian Church. I had no idea what a Swatow was, so I googled it and here's Wikipedia's definition. The church has a small English congregation with about 20 members. Reminds me of the old church in Cleveland when there were only about 15 of us in the pews so we only took up one side. It grew a lot bigger and when I left Cleveland, there were about 100 in the English congregation. If only the services weren't so early! 9:30 is not early for some, but when you are used to an 11:30 service, and sometimes even waking up in time for that service is a struggle... I know, I know, parents with young kids are collectively groaning everywhere... believe me, I am going to enjoy every minute of sleeping in until possible!
I also wrote a recommendation for an old coworker who is applying for a teaching assistant position in Spain. I don't know what I was thinking because I guess that I thought that my Spanish skills were still up to par and that I could write the recommendation in Spanish. Well, it's not that I can't write in Spanish anymore, but it's the lack of speed I can't deal with. It was taking forever to formulate a sentence. I finally gave up and wrote it in English and then I'll go back and translate it later. So sad when I used to be able to speak Spanish without even thinking. Ay, que lastima!
Sunday, April 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
You got me! I was about to pick up the phone and spread the news.... good that I read the post first!
Jamie
Post a Comment