So I actually wrote this post on Sunday, but my computer froze and I lost it. I was not very happy. Anyway, take 2.
I remember talking about the Method wood wipes. I really liked them because they allowed me to be able to reach all the little crevices in the furniture. The wipes are stronger and more durable than paper towels. And they smell like almonds and a fresh baby. They're one of my clients, so I felt a little pressure to try out their products. Surprisingly, I seem to like it so far. I have a few new freebies they gave me to try.
I also saw the movie The Pursuit of Happyness. It was a really good film. One of my favorite scenes is while the family is clearing the dinner table. The mom starts putting away the dishes and she puts the contents of the half-drunk glasses of juice back into the pitcher. It was such a subtle detail about how this family was scraping to get by. They are having a conversation while she is doing this, so this event would pass the audience by if they weren't paying attention. Sometimes I forget what it is like to struggle financially. I may complain about the housing prices in the SF Bay Area, but there really are people who have to live paycheck to paycheck. It was a good reminder about humility and being thankful for the things that we generally take for granted like being able to pay the bills every month.
And while I am discussing the Pursuit of Happyness, we have also have some renewed hope on the housing front. Congrats to Matilde and Sujay on the purchase of their new home in Orinda. It makes us think that maybe it's not as hopeless as it seems.
Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment