Lukas is definitely changing faster than I can post. He's on the verge of crawling and yesterday, I think that he waved good-bye for the first time. Our nanny was leaving for the day and I told him "Say good-bye to Claudia" and to my surprise- he waved good-bye! Like everything else he does for the first time, he hasn't repeated it since, but I saw it. He waved his hand twice. A few weeks ago, Lukas had just woken up and I usually take him to our bed for his morning feeding. However, I smelled poo, so I started to change his diaper instead of heading to our room. When I put him down, he said, "Mama." I was half awake, but I stopped in my tracks and said to him, "Did you say 'mama?'" He looked at me and didn't say anything else, but his expression seemed like, "Did I say something wrong?" So now I have this game with him and I usually will say, "Did you say 'mama?'" in a funny voice and he will laugh. Hasn't said it since.
We're getting ready for his first Halloween and we are so excited. We went shopping for our costumes last weekend. I won't spoil the surprise yet. I'll let you see if you can figure out who he is in the photos, but we're having a lot of fun with it!
Lukas turns 8 months tomorrow. Where did the time go? I would say that he still seems like a newborn to me, but I don't think that I can given that he's tipping the scales at over 20 lbs. Speaking of newborns, congrats to Sarvi & Aaron in LA who just had baby girl Ameneh! We can't wait to meet her. They do change right before your eyes, but maybe it's just the blurriness from the lack of sleep...
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Today 8 months (changing his diaper and making him laugh) tomorrow 13 (facial hair, voice changing, loadly telling him to do his homework). Andrew
We're excited that his hair is finally growing on his head. I don't think that we'll be so excited about hair growing anywhere else! I can't even imagine him not being a baby. Won't he always be my baby boy?
OMG! He said Mama??!! That made me tear up with joy for you!
Post a Comment