So we've been a little remiss in posting Lukas's progress into eating solids. We started giving him rice cereal in August, but he really wasn't that interested in it until a few weeks ago. We couldn't figure out why he didn't seem to be that interested in eating. It just didn't seem to be possible given our voracious appetites. We added breastmilk, we added rice cereal, we made it thicker, we made it thinner, we ate with him... the only thing he seemed to like were rice puffs. Finally, one day, I decided to heat the carrots we were giving him. That was the trick. Lukas likes his food warm.
We should have known because Edwin had figured out a long time ago that Lukas wouldn't drink his milk from a bottle if it was cold. I always like my food warm too, so I don't know why it took us so long to figure it out. He now likes whatever we give him as long as it's either room temp or warm. He's had avocado, banana, carrots, squash, green beans, rice cereal, and oatmeal. His favorite seems to be squash and avocado. I wasn't sure if I would be making his food or not. It looks like I'm not really doing it. We have a Magic Bullet, but it just takes so much time and is a lot of work for just a little bit. I am fine with purchasing baby food that is just steamed veggies, so the carrots, green beans, peas, etc. However, I am a little more hesitant to purchase the chicken pot pie or beef and veggie stuff. For the fruit, I just mash it up at room temp like the banana and avocado, so I guess I'm willing to purchase somethings, but not others. For 50 cents a pop, I'm willing to pay someone else to steam my veggies and puree them. I think that I will be making him congee when he starts eating rice.
Here are some videos of his eating adventures:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment