
So this past weekend we had a lot of events. We went up to Sacramento on Saturday to celebrate Gianna's first birthday (daughter of my cousins Barry and Gigi.) Then, we spent the night in Santa Rosa with Greg and had dinner in Windsor. After dinner, Greg took us to probably one of the coolest candy stores I have ever been in. It was called Powell's Candy Shoppe in downtown Windsor. As you can see in the pictures above, we had a lot of fun watching "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" and Edwin dressing up a the dread pirate Roberts.
There were all the old candy favorites that you don't see anymore. The coolest display was the one in a converted card catalog. Remember those? It also had a soda fountain with all the old soft drinks that in those old fashioned bottles. Really fun. I think we must have spent at least an hour just "reminiscing."
We also did the Napa Diabetes ride on Sunday. I'll post pictures up later, but it was a gorgeous day for a ride. There were about 35 of us on Team Vino Velo. I did the 10 mile with Kaori, Maika, and Jamie's dad. Edwin did the 50 mile. Our ride was only about 1 hour. Maybe next year I'll do the 25 mile ride... :)


No comments:
Post a Comment