So it was my birthday yesterday. It came up very suddenly. We went out to dinner with friends on Saturday at a Chinese restaurant on Sat. It was a good time, but it's definitely different with kids. You start your evenings a lot earlier and everyone was gone by 10PM. I didn't even get to eat my birthday cake until after everyone had left. Edwin baked me a cake from scratch. He's been perfecting his recipe for a yellow cake with chocolate frosting and it was pretty yummy.
Birthdays have changed after having Lukas too. I used to look forward to my birthday with anticipation, but now, I barely realize that it's my birthday even on my birthday. I feel kind of distracted because I feel like I am just trying to get through the day each day. I try to plan some things, but days pass by so quickly that sometimes things just sneak up on me even when I have planned them in advance. I know that I have to do something on a certain date, but then I don't know what day it is.
Work has continued to be stressful and now we also have the added stress of finding another daycare. Even though we love our daycare provider, it's just too stressful for her to care for 3 babies under 1 year. (I can only imagine how difficult it is to take care of so many infants when it's hard for us to take care of just Lukas!) Since Lukas was the newest baby and we were going to have trouble with the new hours which would be closing at 5PM, we got the boot. Also, her assistant decided that childcare was not for her and so she would be doing it all alone. We are disappointed because we really liked her and we felt like she took great care of Lukas, but we also understand the situation. I'm actually glad that she said that it was too much for her to handle instead of letting something slip under her care. I respect people more when they tell me that there is a problem versus just letting the problem compound and hoping it will go away. At least then you know that there is a problem and can begin to resolve it instead of letting it get worse. Still, it really sucks that I have to go through the whole finding a daycare process again when I hated it the first time.
Thursday, August 06, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Ahhhh to be 21..... AGAIN!
happy belated birthday, michelle!
happy birthday Michelle! We can celebrate next week when I see you for lunch!
Post a Comment