Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Happy Presidents Day!

Yesterday, we got a welcome day off. I know, I know. Everyday is now a day off for me. There are actually a lot of things to do during the day for someone who isn't working. I used to wonder what Edwin would do while he was home during the year of Edwin. I still wake up in the mornings- mostly because I either have to drop Edwin off at the BART or we have construction workers coming in to work on the basement. Here is my typical day. I eat my breakfast- usually cereal like Golden Grahams or toast with peanut butter or jelly. On the weekends, Edwin makes me bacon, eggs, and toast. Then, I'll shower or make some phone calls (not fun phone calls to friends, but companies on the East Coast) or calls to state disability, the OB, some pediatrician, or some childcare facility. I might clean up the house a little, check my email, or do a little prenatal yoga and then I'll start preparing myself some lunch or meet a friend for lunch. I have a few friends who work in Alameda and Matilde is still on her maternity leave, so I might meet up with her. After lunch, I'll typically run errands like buying groceries, going to the post office, returning stuff to stores, or some baby-related thing like go to the OB, send out Thank You notes, or setup something in the baby's room. By the time 5PM rolls around, I'm usually ready for an afternoon nap because it starts to get dark. If I have the energy, I'll make a dinner. If not, I'll take a nap before I pick Edwin up from the BART. We'll have dinner together, watch a little TV, and then go to bed. Time passes by quickly. I always have my To Do list. I keep trying to get things done without straining myself too much, but there's always so much to do. This is me without a baby. What happens when there is a baby and nothing gets done? At least Edwin will be home for the first 6 weeks.

So we had a pretty relaxing Presidents Day weekend. I already told you what we did for Valentines Day. Sunday, we spent most of the day cleaning and doing stuff around the house. On Monday, we hung out with the Schneiders and Banerjees (again!) We'll be seeing the Banerjees again this weekend if the baby hasn't arrived. Edwin is going to help them move to their new house in Orinda (yay!) while I help watch the kids. After that, we're hoping that the baby comes relatively soon. Seriously, the countdown has started! T minus 8 days! I think that I'll be ready then...

No comments: