That is how much candy we gave away on Halloween. We gave away all 25 pounds. Kids coming almost non-stop from 6:30-8:30. We have never seen anything like it. Our favorite costume was a kid who dressed up like Napoleon Dynamite complete with walkman and a Vote for Pedro t-shirt. When we ran out of candy- we even gave away Sunsweet Ones that are individually wrapped prunes that I got for free from IRI and Corinne also gave us a box of nutritional bars from Abbott. Our neighbors warned us that you just give it away until you have no more and turn off all the lights and hide out in the back.

Our neighbors had a pumpkin carving potluck. As you can see, there were quite a few pumpkins. I did the "Welcome" pumpkin in the picture on the left and Edwin carved the witch on a broomstick on the righthand picture. It was a lot of fun and my first time carving.
Our favorite Halloween display was a house that used a sheet in front of a bay window with a projector and flash media. They projected images of bats flying, spiders crawling on a web, and skeletons walking back and forth on the sheet.
We had Jamie, Kaori, Sujay, Matilde, Nirav, Bhavana, Michelle, Mike, and Corinne over. It was lots of fun, but we did have a minor incident. Nirav and Bhavana left the stroller in front of our house and someone actually stole it. Up to this point, everything has been great in this house. It has been pretty much a utopia. Then something like this happens to wake you up. I have to believe that random petty theft happened (literally at our front door) because a lot people drive in from Oakland to go trick-or-treating in our neighborhood. While it was an exciting and fun night, it definitely has helped us to prepare for what is to come around Christmas.
We also hosted a little costume party last weekend. It really motivated us to finish painting the living room and entry. Here are some pics that Alfio took. I think that Jamie took some too from Halloween, but I have to ask him for it. Since we can't seem to upload our own photos, I don't feel like I should be asking for other people to send me their photos! We'll get them someday!


No comments:
Post a Comment