Monday, July 09, 2007

More Adventures in LA


So we were in LA this past extended weekend. We spent most of the time with family and eating. A lot. We also got to see what it was like for an afternoon with triplets running around on the playground. One of Edwin's friends from high school, Keith, has triplets and we accompanied him to the park with the 3 almost 3-year-olds. We were just flomoxed. Lori, Nicole, and Jeff run in all different directions, so we don't know how Keith and his wife keep their sanity. God bless them! Here's a photo of Keith and his kids in the park on the top left. We also go to see Char and Tom with their cute kids, Annette and William.

I also took my parents to Santa Monica to walk around. I can't believe that it has already been 9 years since I was working there. I had a hard time remembering where stuff was. I wonder if I had had a blog at that time, would it have helped? Probably not. Here are pics from the pier.
We also stopped at Universal Studios. We thought about going in until we saw the price tag- $70! I remember thinking that $35 was expensive. Since we had already been there (20 years ago...) we decided not to visit again. Geez- for a family of 4, that would be $280. No wonder people don't go anymore!
So Laura called me yesterday with news that Hannah said that she was getting married. I asked who she was getting married to and Hannah replied, "Uncle Edwin!" Ha ha! Good luck! It took me 8 years to get him to marry me, so if she gets started on him right now, she should be 11 by the time he's ready. She said that I was invited and I told her I would definitely be there! Now why does she want to get married? She wants a little sister. I guess having a little brother wasn't enough.

It is now 7:30 and I am still at work. Am I working hard you ask? No. I am baby-sitting an antiquated system that takes hours to request a report. Seriously, it looks like it was programmed in the 70s. If our clients only knew that these "sophisticated" systems are held together by glue and duct tape. Anyhow, no news on the housing front. There haven't been that many houses coming onto the market in the past 2 weeks, but we're hoping that it was just the holidays that slowed it down.

No comments: