Thursday, August 24, 2006

Lots of things to do, but we're taking our time!

So I went wedding dress shopping again last night. No, nothing happened to my dress, but I am a bridesmaid in Michelle and Mike's wedding and so I went with Michelle. It seems like I just went to find my own dress. A lot less stressful for me now. It also reminded how quickly this all goes. We have less than 2 months before the wedding. I think that there are some brides who are pretty stressed at this point, but I'm really enjoying it now. I feel like I am at a stage where if everything else doesn't happen, it's not a big deal. I think that once we got those invitations out it was like a big milestone. It seems to make it more real. We actually have people coming for this! So far, we have 32 people who have RSVP'd. Thanks guys!

So Michelle and I went to a San Francisco wedding dress design boutique called Amy Kuschel. I kind of wish that I had gone there when I was shopping because it was such a great experience. But all of these dresses are custom made and would have been way out of my budget and I just would have been tempted to spend too much. Besides, I still feel lucky to have my dress and I don't know that I would have chosen any of those dresses. It was just cool because we got to meet Amy herself as she was helping Michelle. I told her about my dress experience and she agreed that sometimes you just have to jump on an opportunity. I was pleasantly surprised that she wasn't pushy or pretentious. The studio was in Union Square with lots of light and wood floors. Compared to any of the bridal shops I went to, this was by far the most pleasant and most attentive. I would highly recommend it to any future brides. It's also where Wendy got her dress.

Good news! You remember how I asked you all to take my surveys? Well, I won! I won an Ipod nano from work because I was one of 3 people that had the most completes. Thanks to everyone who took my survey and a special thanks to Santiney who took my survey 30 times during a conference call. I haven't received it yet, but I'll let you know when I do.

On the wedding front, we have started the schedule for the reception, drafted the programs, sent out an evite for the rehearsal dinner, and bought supplies to start the Thank You cards. Yes, I'll be trying my hand at using embossing powder and stamps. You would think that after all those invitations that I wouldn't want to do any more crafting with paper, but I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment. I'll be using the same color cards and envelopes to match. Who knows- I may start and go- "what was I thinking" and just go out and buy those pre-made Thank You cards that most sane people would use. I don't feel that I'm the most creative person, so when I can experiment and try something new like this, I like to try. I still need to alter my reception dress and thanks to Kian's suggestion, I think I have a seamstress. Still on the To-Do list: transportation, lists (flowers, music, tea ceremony participants, photo must haves), hair and make-up trials, wedding jewelry, and chair covers. This weekend is my shower/bachelorette in Tahoe. I'm looking forward to some relaxation and to spending quality time with my girls- Show, Jinn, Matilde, Nikki, and Corinne.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Michelle... congrats on the iPod... I have to take some credit too... the bizarre responses about 20 to 30 up to and inlcuding #125 were my boredom at work getting the best of me. (including the suggestion that wedding favors be iPod Nanos).

Jamie