Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Welcome to the wonderful world of Blogging!

So for most people, blogging is old news. I really was trying to avoid having my own for the longest time. Not because I didn't think it was cool, but more because I was afraid of the commitment. Commitment, you say? Well, I kinda already feel like I spend WAY too much time on the internet for work, emails, IM, shopping, and searching. How much more time do I really need to spend sitting in front of a computer?

Why change now? Well, I'm not sure. I think it's a combination of things.
  1. I started looking at some of the blogs that my friends have already set up and realized that I was able to catch up on stuff that has happened to them over the past year. I've always been pretty good about trying to keep in touch, but this is another way people can keep in touch with me.
  2. I've realized that I have a short memory. I love to document places that I've seen, books that I've read, and pictures that I have taken. However, my feeble mind seems to have trouble even remembering what I've had for lunch so I'd like to use this blog to be able to remember and document some of the interesting things that I've discovered.
  3. I haven't updated my photo albums. Since we purchased a digital camera, I have yet yet to print out photos that end up in an album. I think at last count I have about 10 unused, brand new, really cute photo albums. Just the thought of having to print out pictures from 2000 (when we got our first digital camera) and trying to remember what we were doing/thinking about in those pictures has me in a state of despair.

So here I am. Been checking out blogs all night and should be going to bed. Where did the time go?

No comments: