Saturday, November 08, 2008

Tea Parties and Housewarmings

Last weekend, we also had a tea party for Matilde. She didn't want to have a second baby shower, but we wanted to have a little something for her before the baby came. We very rarely get to have a leisurely afternoon without kids to just sit and converse without distraction. Though it was a rainy day, we didn't really mind. This is probably the most recent pic of me pregnant. Matilde looks barely bigger than me and she's about to deliver any day now.

This weekend, we have 2 housewarming parties to attend- one for an old KSA coworker and the other for our friend Steve. Steve has lived in his place for almost a year now, but has been busy remodeling like us, so I guess he's finally ready for the unveiling.

Basement saga- the saga continues as the basement was supposed to be completed today. What happened? When the contractor went to pick up the shower enclosure, it didn't have all the pieces at Home Depot. Surprised? Not at all. Just par for the course since the last time he went to pick up the shower enclosure, it didn't have all the pieces then either. Normally, we would just try and find another shower enclosure. However, since our ceiling is low, we need a shorter one that is below 72." Most models are 72." Does anyone know where we can buy a shower enclosure for less than $500 besides Home Depot, Home Expo, or Lowes? Most glass places are more expensive and we have also tried OSH, but I feel like there are so few options. We're looking for a corner neo-angle shower enclosure. Holler if you see anything!

Maybe if we're not too tired this weekend, we'll get around to starting to make the baby's room look like a baby's room. People have been very generous with their outgrown diapers and boys' clothes. I don't think we'll need to buy any of that stuff. Baby is doing well. He kicks me pretty much daily and especially after I eat. I'm starting to eat beef again which is nice. I was never really liked beef that much, but since I haven't been able to have it, it's been a little tough. This week, I had vietnamese pho noodles and wonton beef tendon soup noodles. I still don't want to eat a steak, but it looks like a little meat is OK.

No comments: