Home Sweet Home
So it's been a while since my last posting. As you can probably imagine, we were busy packing. It's been crazy busy. So I had an interview on Friday. I have not been looking for a job, but I have been pretty unhappy at work lately. It's been really frustrating because there is a lot of inefficiency and I have had to work a lot of long hours and weekends lately. Anyway, Nikki invited me to dinner with a few of her old work friends and I met this woman who told me that her client was Microsoft. I told her that I used to work with Microsoft and so she asked me what I did and asked me if I had consulting experience (which I did.) She said that she was looking for 2 people to hire and that she thought that my experiences might be what they were looking for. She sent me a job description and asked me to come meet with a few people in her office.It was a really great meeting. I liked everyone that I met and the SVP that I met with is friends with 2 of my old coworkers from KSA. What a crazy small world. He seemed really smart and I had a great time talking with him. I spoke with 4 people and none of them had been with the company for more than 9 months. They all sounded really excited to be there. So, we also moved this weekend. We are officially Alameda residents. The move was so painful. I'll have to tell you about it another time because we're still reeling from all the chaos. We were just lucky to have some good friends helping us. We are currently sleeping on the kitchen floor on our futon while we refinish the hardwood floors. Let the renovations begin!
We also have a little video that Edwin shot the night before our move. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment