Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Chicago is My Kind of Town

So I am gearing up for a 2 week trip to Chicago. I leave on Sunday 2/12 and return on Friday 2/23. Edwin will be coming for part of it as well from 2/16-2/19 since he has President's Day off and we will be attending Santiney and Carlo's wedding reception on 2/17. (We missed their beautiful wedding in Turks & Caicos, but you can see their pics here http://www.tropicalimaging.com/eos/ortiznov06/) So pretty! Anywho, I'm hoping to get to visit some friends and family while I am out there. Should be fun, but COLD! I was told that it was below zero. I've done it before, but it's been a while... guess I should pack some long underwear!

I am kind of dreading it too. I'm not dreading it because of the cold, but it's just that I don't feel that I have had much time at home for the past few weeks. We have spent one weekend in LA each month since December and when I get back, I am heading straight to Tahoe for our annual trip. I would like to have a little more time at home is all. There's so much I want/need to do like writing Thank You cards, putting together the wedding album, going to the post office (don't ask!), cleaning out the closets, and organizing stuff. I guess that I can at least write Thank You cards in Chicago. (We're really good at doing them on planes and while we're waiting for the laundry.) Maybe this is what it means to be married? You just want to be at home all the time. When I was young and single I didn't mind the travel every week for work. Guess I'm used to the comforts of home.

Happy birthday to Jamie! I think that it's actually on the 4th, but we're going to their house for dinner tonight to celebrate. Also, congrats to Crystal and Jeff on their baby Mia.

No comments: