Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Honeymoon- what honeymoon?

So we are leaving for our honeymoon to Australia in 2 weeks. We have always said that we were going to plan the honeymoon after the wedding. We had a month, right? Well, it is now almost 2 weeks after the wedding and we still have yet to make any hotel reservations or purchase any other plane tickets. So what have we been doing? Paying bills from the wedding, opening gifts, trying to get over a cold, and celebrating Halloween.

The day of the wedding, I was feeling something in my throat that I was trying to ignore. After all the festivities, my body wouldn't let me deny it anymore. I had a cold. Hannah and Timothy came to SF with a cold and something was going around the office. I think I was bound to get something. So I worked from home for 2 days and it still wouldn't go away. I'm in Seattle right now for work and I still am coughing. It sucks having to travel and being sick.

This past week, we went to see Robin Williams at Bimbo's for a live show. Since he lives in SF, he likes to test his material in front of live audiences at Bimbo's before he does it on HBO or Comedy Central. He was funny, but he just got out of rehab and so a lot of his jokes were about drugs and alcohol. I saw him once before at Bimbo's and I thought he was funnier last time, but it could also be that I wasn't sick the last time either. It was hard getting tickets because they limited you to 2 tickets per person and there were 5 of us trying to get them off the website and I was the only one able to get through and buy the tickets.

Hope everyone had a Happy Halloween. Edwin and I found out costumes last weekend. I was a princess and Edwin was my knight in shining armor. We went out clubbing with Tom and Debbie and I realized that my costume was definitely not hoochie enough. Debbie was Chung Li from Street Fighter and Tom was Clark Kent. On Halloween, we had Sin Yen, Show, Kian, and Wendy over for a small get together. Show dressed up as a paper dress up doll and Wendy wore a beautiful cloak. We helped to celebrate Sin Yen's annual 30th birthday (which was officially the day before) and ate some leftover wedding cake. We had 2 layers left- the chocolate and carrot cake. I would say that the white cake with apricot filling was my favorite and then carrot cake and then chocolate which is surprising because most of the time, chocolate is my favorite. However, this chocolate cake is pretty mild, so I think that's why I prefer the other flavors. Don't get me wrong, I still like them all, but that's my order of preferance.

Remember that show Doogie Howser? Who knew that Doogie was the first blogger? If you need a refresher, here's the theme song. Don't you just love YouTube?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Feels like the wedding was just yesterday. Can't believe its been 2 weeks. Have a great time on the honeymoon!